2019 Cultural & Arts Investment Program
To align FY19 resources with the Savannah Forward initiative, the City is seeking proposals that position arts, cultural, and creative programs as catalysts to realize the City’s goals of Economic Strength, Poverty Reduction, and Neighborhood Revitalization.
Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated by members of the Cultural Affairs Commission, who are City of Savannah citizens appointed through an application process by the Mayor and Aldermen. The Mayor and Aldermen approve the final investments for the Cultural and Arts Investment Program.
Please review the guidelines for program descriptions, requirements, and eligibility. All necessary documents are available at the bottom of this page. Please read the 2019 Guidelines carefully before completing the application and the narrative. The application and the narrative must be completed and submitted in the forms provided.
- The Cultural and Arts Investment Program is a competitive process. Proposals may or may not be recommended for funding; therefore, agencies should not rely upon or have an expectation of funding from the City of Savannah. This is an investment process with many applicants submitting proposals of merit. Past submission of an application, past city investment, participation in a workshop and/or technical assistance from staff does not guarantee that the Savannah City Council will allocate funds toward the proposed project.
- City investment is intended to purchase programs and investment initiatives that address the City’s Strategic Plan, have measurable outcomes, and benefit the Savannah community. It is not intended to support general operating and overhead costs that are not associated with the program or service being funded. Agencies are strongly encouraged to pursue other funding alternatives to support their programs and operations.
- Investment recommendations must be approved by the Mayor and Aldermen in accordance with the final 2019 Budget and if approved, contracts for services will be executed with selected providers.
The deadline is Friday, June 29, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
Please submit proposals via a “Kiteworks” link. The link can be requested from Rebecca Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org;(912) 651-6760). Proposals must also be hand delivered (hard copy) to 9 West Henry Street, Savannah, GA 31401. See guidelines for more information.
WORKSHOPS & OFFICE HOURS SESSIONS
City staff will hold instructional workshops that explain the 2019 application process. Registration is recommended.
Please register here. Registration for the workshop can be found on www.savannahga.gov/arts. Applicants that cannot attend the scheduled workshops may seek individual technical assistance by contacting Rebecca Brown for an appointment (email@example.com; (912) 651-6760). Additionally, office hour session will be available for applying organizations.
The workshops will be held at 9 West Henry Street, Savannah, Ga 31401.
· Tuesday, May 15, 2018 10:30- 11:30 a.m.
· Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
· Saturday, May 19, 2018 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
· Friday, June 1, 2018 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
· Saturday, June 2, 2018 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Office Hour Sessions will be held at 9 West Henry Street, Savannah, Ga 31401.
· Monday, May 14, 2018 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
· Wednesday, May 23,2018 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
APPLICATION TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Please download and save the application and narrative forms to your computer. The application cannot be completed online.
- Adobe Reader DC or higher - To download the latest version of Adobe Reader https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Windows or Mac OS
- IMPORTANT: Forms are NOT compatible with iPads or Android tablets.
- An error message will display if the forms are opened in an internet browser. Please click on the top right download button to save and open the forms.
Application – Narrative Form
2019 Workshop PowerPoint
For more information on Savannah's neighborhood, go to the Open Neighborhood maps: